RENEWABLE FUELS –
AN INDISPENSABLE COMPONENT ON THE PATH TO CO2-NEUTRAL MOBILITY
There are now 1.3 billion vehicles on the world's roads. In 2021, 99.5 percent of them were powered by an internal combustion engine.
A quick reduction in CO2 emissions in transport can only be achieved by including this existing fleet. In particular, this requires a globally applicable approach. Here, eFuels are an impressive solution – provided that a CO2 cycle economy is politically accepted and synthetic fuels are recognized as a CO2 reduction measure. A CO2 avoidance strategy automatically leads to two options for fuels: hydrogen and/or ammonia. Both fuels are meanwhile being systematically investigated in terms of their interaction with the possible energy converters.
The 1st Conference Powertrains for Renewable Fuels on 22 and 23 November, 2022 will deal with these topics. The event is aimed at participants from industry, science and politics who are interested in challenges and solutions for CO2-neutral mobility using renewable fuels. The conference will be accompanied by an exhibition.
The following topics are planned:
- Market development and political framework conditions for renewable fuels
- Social acceptance of renewable fuels
- Effects of renewable fuels on the environment, economy and society
- Infrastructure issues and challenges
- Refueling and safety technology
- New developments and findings in the field of ICE operated with hydrogen and/or ammonia
- Development tendencies in the area of combustion processes, mixture formation, ignition, hybridization, components
- Exhaust aftertreatment
- Renewable fuels in motorsports